[MlMt] New Yahoo! Mail restrictions for 3rd party e-mail client access as of Oct. 20th 2020

Kee Hinckley kee at hinckley.com
Tue Aug 25 16:32:00 EDT 2020

Yes, I was going to say. Skipping all those options and going straight
to "app password" looks right to me. I suspect the remove/add steps are
there only because they don't trust users to know if their app supports
their secure sign-on, so doing that will trigger if it does.

It looks like they are using some version of OAuth2. Here's their
authentication line.

```
20:28:00 S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2
AUTH=OAUTHBEARER ID MOVE NAMESPACE XYMHIGHESTMODSEQ UIDPLUS LITERAL+
CHILDREN X-MSG-EXT OBJECTID] IMAP4rev1 Hello
```

Given that the OAuth versions of Google and Outlook both required
MailMate changes, I'm guessing this will too.