[MlMt] Sharing a video from Photos.app to MM not working

Wed May 1 10:05:28 EDT 2019

On 11 Apr 2019, at 14:52, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> Hi, I tried to share a video (to attach to an email) from within
> Photos.app by right-clicking on the video and selecting
> Share->MailMate.  I got a dialog asking if I wanted to "create new
> mail with attachment", but when I click on the "create" button,
> nothing happens.  The cancel button worked great though. :-(

This is one of those things that seem simple, but turns out to be
complicated. For some reason Photos.app does not appear to provide the
actual file to the sharing extension when dealing with movies (while it
does for images). Therefore MailMate didn't support attaching movies
without first dragging the movie to the Finder. But I've now spent some
time on this and it turns out that I do get access to a file path if I
“ask” the interface for the movie itself instead of first asking if
it's available. This was not clear to me based on the Apple
documentation (I might have misunderstood something).

In other words, I think this will work in the next update.