[MlMt] Adding Oauth2 accounts?

Thu Sep 6 03:13:39 EDT 2018

On 5 Sep 2018, at 20:31, Verdon Vaillancourt wrote:

> That’s pretty much the same scenario for several of my accounts, but
> I’ve had no issue. I do use oAuth with one, and I think application
> passwords with this specific one. I think what you need to do is put
> imap.gmail.com in the IMAP server field, regardless of what your
> domain is… that should work.

That is correct. Currently, MailMate is hardcoded to only offer the
OAuth2 option for the following hostnames:

	imap.gmail.com
	imap.googlemail.com
	imap.outlook.com
	imap-mail.outlook.com

And the corresponding `smtp` variants.

The `username` should not affect the availability of the OAuth2 setting.

@Steven: The latest test releases try to guess IMAP/SMTP settings based
on the domain of the main email address. You have to explicitly enter
`imap.gmail.com` if your email address is not at `gmail.com`. The good
news is that for some email accounts, the user only needs to enter 1
email address (and an account name) and it should be ready to go. Let me
know if you think a bug somehow means that this makes the OAuth2 setting
unavailable to you (I couldn't reproduce such a problem).