[MlMt] finding a way to start up a BCC field and an outgoing email message?

David Shepherdson david at shepherdson.name
Sat Sep 1 01:17:27 EDT 2018

On 31 Aug 2018, at 02.14, Maurice Mines wrote:

> Good morning, I am pretty much ready to purchase. My copy of male mate
> except I am still having problems creating a BCC field and outgoing
> email messages. If I can do that on a consistent basis then no
> problems getting this purchased. If I may, or may not have mentioned
> before, I am a blind user so coming up with a keystroke to do this is
> critical. It does need to be done with non visual access techniques.
> Thank you very much for reading this and I will read the responses on
> the list be well everyone.

I use a Keyboard Maestro macro to automate showing the Bcc field when it
is not visible (I actually do more than that with the macro, including
filling in a particular address into the Bcc field, but that’s not
relevant here).

You could almost do it using keystrokes alone:

    1. Control-Command-H (for choosing ‘Show Headers’ from the
‘Format’ menu).
    2. B (to select the ‘Bcc’ option in the pop-up menu).
    3. Return (to choose that option).

…except that the choices in that menu are toggles, so if the Bcc field
is already visible, then using this set of keystrokes will hide it
instead.

Therefore, in my Keyboard Maestro macro, I have a first condition that
looks for the ‘Bcc:’ field label on screen (using image matching),
only proceeding with the steps above if the field is *not* already
visible.

If you’re a Keyboard Maestro user, I’m happy to send a copy of the
relevant part of my macro, if that would be of use.

David