[MlMt] How to edit recipients

Tue Feb 20 04:58:05 EST 2018

On 6 Feb 2018, at 14:19, Randall Gellens wrote:

> When composing a new message, MailMate shows each recipient as an
> entity.  Is it possible to edit a recipient?

Double-click or hit space when it's selected brings you into edit mode.

> For example, if there is a typo in one?  Similarly, what is the best
> way of selecting a recipient to delete or move to another field?

Use the keyboard or the mouse to select 1 or more recipients and then
use copy/paste or drag'n'drop.

> On a more esoteric note, it would be nice if MM could normalize
> recipients names that are in annoying Outlook format, e.g., change
> 	“Bozo, Fred” <fred.bozo at example.com>
> 	Fred Bozo <fred.bozo at example.com>

MailMate cannot do this automatically. It's extremely hard (impossible?)
to correctly identify the various parts of a “name”. Also, you have
to assume that if your correspondent uses this format then it's probably
what they prefer to see when they get a reply.

MailMate could display the names differently (without altering them when
replying/forwarding), but I really mean it when I write that it's
extremely hard to do this reliably :) As as simple example, someone
might use this: "PhD Nielsen, Benny" and it would become "Benny PhD
Nielsen".