[MlMt] Two accounts, similar recipient, account suggestion order

Fri Apr 6 09:21:46 EDT 2018

On 23 Mar 2018, at 16:42, Andrew V. Jones wrote:

> [...]
>
> The problem here is that, because they both have the same name, if I
> type in "Andrew Jones" and just auto-select, then MailMate selects the
> most recently emailed contact, irrespective as to which account I am
> currently in.
>
> [...]
>
> Even more “problematically” is that C1 and A are on the same
> domain (e.g., “andrew at mailmate.com” from “me at mailmate.com”),
> while C2 and B are also on the same domain (e.g.,
>andrew at gmail.com” and “me at gmail.com”). The selection by
> MailMate to email C1 from B (or C2 from A) is therefore even more odd,
> because it is choosing to send emails “outside the organisation”.
> It would be nice if there was some preference towards favouring
> recipients on the same domain.

I think `gmail.com` (and many other email providers) is a good example
of why this would not always work well.

Some times when automation fails then it's easy to think that if it just
used a different strategy then all would be well, but often it just
means that other usage patterns start to fail.

> Is there anything that can be configured to work around this?

I don't think so. In the cases where MailMate knows “which account you
are currently in” then I guess there could be a setting which limits
completions to the emails of the current account. I'll give that some
thought, but don't expect it any time soon.