[MlMt] Should I remove gmail labels completely ?

Topher Buck topher at indigitis.com
Sun Jul 2 17:42:51 EDT 2017

Rereading the “Organize” section of the MM manual
[https://manual.mailmate-app.com/organize] just now, I noticed this
sentence: “When handling a new message in the Inbox, the basic
decision to make is whether it should be archived or trashed. The rest
should be handled by smart mailboxes.” That may be an answer (possibly
*the* answer) to my earlier question:

> Is the only option in MM to use tags to organize messages and move
> everything I want to save to the Archive folder?

But since that still strikes me as sub-optimal, I’m going to hold on
to my hope that someone else will describe another approach. At this
point, moving messages to the Gmail folders/labels under SOURCES is the
only option I can see.

/topher

P.S. I wrote previously that I couldn’t move messages from Inbox to
another mailbox. I was trying to issue the “Move to Mailbox…”
command with a message open in its own window, but that command is
inactive in that instance. I subsequently realized that the command *is*
available as long as I don’t open a message in its own window. That
seems a bit odd, but I’ll take it. (Even then, however, I couldn’t
move messages to the mailbox I created by duplicating the “Examples”
folder and renaming the copy.)