[MlMt] High Sierra, APFS, Time Machine, and MailMate...

Mon Dec 11 09:42:51 EST 2017

On 11 Dec 2017, at 15:38, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2017, at 8:35, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>
>> On 11 Dec 2017, at 4:02, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>>
>>> I should add: the issue is not bandwidth to the disk--it works fine
>>> when backing up very large files.
>>
>> I have added the local IMAP cache to Time Machine "do not include
>> this directory" for backups.
>>
> Certainly worth a thought--I already exclude the MailMate index, so
> it's reloading everything anyway if I do a restore.

I was going to suggest leaving out the index (the `Database.noindex`
folder) since that doesn't behave well with Time Machine. I don't think
the other files should cause any problems and it's a lot more important
to have a backup of your settings files and the `Messages` folder. You
can also leave out the `Attachments` folder since it's just a cache.