[MlMt] Multiple email addresses per user in OS X Contacts and Mailmate

Thomas Eckhold Thomas at Eckhold.eu
Wed Sep 14 08:31:49 EDT 2016

> We know we can create multiple card entries in Contacts to get around the problem, but thats a dirty, tacky solution. We want to have a single entry with multiple emails addresses.

I have created multiple contact groups in Contacts, e.g. one for the private email addresses and one for the work email addresses. The distribution list of a group in Contacts allows me to change between the different email addresses of a contact. That allows me to stick with one vCard per person but allows me to switch between the contact groups (or send to all groups at once). In addition I have better control which email addresses are actually used when I send an email to a specific group.

--Thomas