[MlMt] Header View

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Tue Nov 29 21:27:01 EST 2016

On 29 Nov 2016, at 12:46, David Schlangen wrote:

> With some recent update, the handy little triangle that toggled
> between compact and list view of the header of the current email
> disappeared, and the only way to change this now is via the menu.
> Which drives me mad. I can't be the only person who normally likes to
> save space (compact view), but often enough needs to know who exactly
> the recipients of an email were (list view)? Please bring back the
> little triangle!

I thought I would propose an alternative solution: if you want a quick
way to change the header view, why not use macOS' ability to add
keyboard shortcuts to add a shortcut for Compact View? I see in my
MailMate menu bar that the List view already has ⌥L as a shortcut -
maybe you could set ^⌥L as the shortcut for Compact view, and that way
you can jump between the two faster than even moving your mouse pointer.

If you prefer the reverse (⌥L for Compact and ^⌥L for List) you
could do that too.

Just a suggestion :) If you really want the triangle because it fits
your workflow in a specific way, then that's a request for Benny to
address.

Sherif