[MlMt] constructing conditions: "any individual recipient"

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:20:21 EDT 2016

On 24 Apr 2016, at 1:26, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 20 Apr 2016, at 16:29, Shoshanna Green wrote:
>> What I need is "Any recipient, considered individually, does not
>> contain corporate.com."
>> Is there any way to build such a condition in MailMate?
>
> It's possible, but it's not available in the GUI. But since you need
> it for message verification then that might not matter to you. Here is
> an example matching messages with no `\\Seen` flag:
>
> 	#flags.flag !=[x] '\\Seen'
>
> Note the `[x]` which is short for `eXclusive`. It means the comparison
> must be true for all values (which usually makes the most sense for
> not-equal comparisons).
>
> (It's possible to edit `Mailboxes.plist` to add this to smart
> mailboxes as well, but it is lost if editing the mailbox with the
> GUI.)

I think I've got this working (once I worked out that what I need to do
is delete the [x] part). Thanks!

I manually coded the conditions as a smart mailbox for testing, and
naturally I tried opening its conditions in the GUI to see what would
happen. The number of messages in the smart mailbox changed as I did so,
indicating that the conditions had changed; but when I closed MailMate
and checked the smart mailbox's definition in Mailboxes.plist, it seemed
unchanged, which is strange to me. Did I miss something?

Somewhat on the same topic, what does the '[c]' condition mean? I have
some smart mailboxes defined with the condition "[From] [contains]
[me at example.com]" in the GUI , but when I inspect their definitions in
Mailboxes.plist, some have "from ~ 'me at example.com'" and others have
"from ~[c] 'me at example.com'", even though the conditions are shown
identically in the GUI.