[MlMt] enhancement, I think

Thu Jul 21 06:21:40 EDT 2016

On 21 Jul 2016, at 12:05, Alain Israel wrote:

> I agree, this is probably one of the only weak points of MM. However
> based on my experience with other applications, this is definitively
> not a trivial issue, and it is certainly dependent on the IMAP server.

To be clear, a solution would involve some kind of private “message”
within an IMAP folder on an IMAP server (as also seen with other email
clients). This could of course be hidden by MailMate, but it would be
visible in other email clients -- annoying but necessary. There is no
standardized way to do these things via IMAP. This also means that IMAP
server bugs are not likely to be a major issue.

> Benny, in one of your previous emails, you mentioned that the lack of
> tag syncing (meaning I have to re-tag by hand dozens of emails each
> time I change computer) coudl be somehow debugged. Is this correct?

Certainly, but maybe best done off list. Write me an email via “Help
▸ Send Feedback” and describe a (short) set of steps needed to
reproduce the issue. Note that if it's an Exchange server then it's a
known issue. Exchange does not support custom IMAP keywords.

(On vacation, please be patient.)