[MlMt] visualize bundle still have issues with my mail ;)

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 02:58:06 EDT 2015

On 6 Oct 2015, at 22:54, Sherif Soliman wrote:

> On 2 Oct 2015, at 6:13, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> so I wanted to try the visualise bundle again and I still have
>> issues.
>>
>> It works well when I choose like a handful of mails things work, but
>> if I select *all* my unread or just my github notification emails the
>> browser never opens.
>>
>> Anything I can do to debug it ?
>>

> I can't think of much, but I do have a couple of questions:
>
> - When you try all your unread or all your github notifications
> emails, approximately how many are they?

This morning 36 and today it works.

The other day probably a few hundred.

> For reference , I just tried with  11,000 messages and it worked fine,
> but I'm curious if you're trying with a number that's an order of
> magnitude larger or something, in which case I will try to test that
> too.

My total unread for *today* is 164 and that fails.

My "all unread" is 845 and that works.

Now I took my All Messages of 28.000+ and that worked too.

Wen back to *today* with 164 and now that works fine.

so I can't find a pattern ;/

Only explanation I have is that I updated to latest mailmate build and
El Capitain since last mail...
so maybe something I had installed via brew was rewired to now work with
the visualiser.

> - After you attempt to display the visualization and nothing happens,
> if you open the Temp directory from terminal with this command:
>
> ```
> open ${TMPDIR}
> ```
>
> Can you find a `com.freron.MailMate.Visualize.csv` file in there?
>
> If you do, is it populated? If you can examine it with your
> data-manipulating tool of choice, does it have the number of rows that
> you'd expect? Are there any visible missing chunks or other obvious
> problems?
>
> I think if you don't find the file in there then something is failing
> before the step of trying to launch Safari. Maybe there are some
> problematic emails that stop MailMate. I mostly wrote the
> visualization/plot code, so maybe Benny will have an insights
> depending on what you find.

I'll keep an eye out on that file if it happens again.

Thanks,
/max
http://about.me/maxandersen