[MlMt] trying out the new spotlight integration...

Mon May 18 05:29:52 EDT 2015

On 18 May 2015, at 10:38, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> I noticed the spotlight functions are in latest alpha. Needed to try
> it out ;)
>
> FYI: I did the symbolic link thing, putting it in ~/Messages.

For the record, I'm working on making this easier via a GUI setting
since I don't really want anyone doing this manually.

> ...at what time can I expect it to start showing up in spotlight
> results ?

In theory, OS X should start indexing as soon as MailMate has been
launched and the Spotlight importer has been detected.

> Any special keywords I need to use to have the search kick in ?

No. MailMate parsers text content of plain text body parts and the
address headers. That should make it possible to make a search such as:

	author:benny recipient:max spotlight

But I'm actually not sure exactly how the Spotlight syntax works.
Documentation seems to be scattered or I haven't found the correct link
yet. Here is one interesting
[link](https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14172?locale=en_US).

You can also search via the command line using `mdfind` or see what has
been indexed for a given file using `mdls`.