[MlMt] ldap ssl connections

Kee Hinckley kee+freron at hinckley.com
Fri Jul 17 12:04:21 EDT 2015

I finally got around to figuring out the corporate configuration for our
LDAP server, but it's SSL server, and as the mailmate docs warn, that
doesn't always work.

Warning: Failed starting TLS for LDAP connection.
ldap connection failed (ldap://xxx:636): Can't contact LDAP server

Any thoughts? It's signed by our internal CA, but my Mac knows all the
base certificates and is happy talking to it, and all the certs seem to
be approved in the keychain. I even downloaded and installed the cert
for this particular server and made sure it was approved.

It is, unfortunately, probably an Exchange LDAP server.