[MlMt] Mail archiving best practice

Tue Feb 3 04:45:04 EST 2015

On 3 Feb 2015, at 10:22, Matthew Cawood wrote:

> An update: Devontech just put out an email noting that it's possible
> to drop *.mbox files onto the Devonthink dock icon to activate import.
>
> I tried that with a MailMate *.mailbox file. It works!

I think I should clarify a bit here. A `.mbox` file is not the same as a
`.mailbox` *folder*. I think DevonThink simply scans the folder and
finds the `.eml` files within it.

It is quite likely that it would work better if MailMate supported
exporting to `.mbox` file(s).

(Also note, that it's not always safe to access the files stored by
MailMate directly. It's a moving target if MailMate is active.)