[MlMt] Deleting messages

Thu Dec 10 06:23:46 EST 2015

On 9 Dec 2015, at 21:29, Harvey Leff wrote:

> In v.5187, highlighting a message in the message list and typing (or
> clicking on) DELETE does not always work. When it fails, the message
> remains and the next message in the list becomes highlighted. I must
> then hit the UP arrow key to re-highlight the original message and hit
> DELETE again. However, other times it works properly. Do others have
> this experience?

This sounds like you have selected an account under SOURCES in the
mailbox outline. This displays all emails of an account including what
is in junk and trash. If you delete a non-trashed message then it's
moved to trash (Deleted Messages) the first time you delete. The second
deletion would then delete it permanently.

(These all-emails account mailboxes were never really intended to be
used on a daily basis. In retrospect, I should probably have implemented
this differently.)