[MlMt] possibly unpopular feature request

Allie Martin amd at maclink.me
Thu Aug 13 12:19:56 EDT 2015

On 13 Aug 2015, at 11:13, Joe Abley wrote:

> What are the chances that there could be a configurable option to use
> Mail.app-style presentation of threads as an alternative to what
> MailMate currently does?
>
> (Note for the record that simply switching back to Mail.app is no
> longer an option, since MailMate has given me expectations that mail
> clients should be fast and efficient, should not stall randomly and in
> particular should not invent thousand-message threads out of unrelated
> nonsense for fun.)

You're not alone.

Since being introduced to the Gmail and Mail.app style of threading, I
can't go back. :-( I'm 'broken' as well.

So currently, I don't have threading enabled in MailMate. I was trying
with it, but now work without it and use the 'Thread' option for
particular messages when it would be useful to browse a particular
thread in threaded view.

—
a Curtis m