[MlMt] default account hidden preference sometimes ignored

Dr Gregory Jefferis jefferis at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 06:23:45 EDT 2014

Thanks for the quick reply.

On 10 Oct 2014, at 10:22, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2014, at 1:01, Dr Gregory Jefferis wrote:

> Does the `From` part of the status bar display the wrong address
> before you enter a recipient? When you enter a recipient then MailMate
> is still going to look for messages sent to the same recipient to find
> the most likely From address. This cannot currently be disabled.

The problem is for first-time recipients. The from address shows
account1. For some reason that I can't figure it out, MailMate often
picks that account and if I don't notice it then that person ends up
with the wrong email address (which they then add to their address
book!) etc.

Basically I never want account1 to be used unless MailMate has some
positive information that I want to use that account (i.e. that I've
sent with that account to that person before _or_ that I actively chose
the account).

Thanks for any suggestions,

Greg.

--