[MlMt] Cannot connect to iCloud mailbox

Wed Oct 8 02:35:07 EDT 2014

On 8 Oct 2014, at 1:11, Kip DeGraaf wrote:

> For what it's worth, I had to go into my Manage Apple ID section to
> enable Two-step verification before I could create App-Specific
> Passwords.
>
> However, even after enabling that and creating an App-Specific
> Password, I still get this in my Activity Viewer:

Make sure you are not affected by a bug in one of the recent test
versions. This bug could roll back your IMAP settings to something that
didn't work in the past (and therefore you changed it). For iCloud
accounts this could be the use of a full email address as username
instead of only the username part of the email address.

> 23:00:06 S: * OK [CAPABILITY st11p00mm-iscream012 14G
> XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR AUTH=ATOKEN AUTH=PLAIN]
> iSCREAM ready to rumble

Off topic: I guess Apple Mail uses “AUTH=ATOKEN” to login. I'm
offline at the time of writing this and cannot look it up, but I do know
it is not supported by MailMate.

> Was asked for the password twice even though I had already set the
> password in the Edit IMAP Account section.

When authentication fails then MailMate keeps on asking. I did make some
recent changes to password handling which means I'm not ruling out any
new bugs.

If you still cannot make it work then let's debug the issue off list.