[MlMt] Integrating with SpamSieve

Sam Heldenbrand kaderan82 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 08:18:48 EDT 2014

Hello friends,

I am evaluating a full move to Mailmate from Mail. I am a longtime user
of SpamSieve and I am a little confused as to how to get Mailmate to
behave like mail when I identify an email as Junk/Not Junk.

In mail, selecting an email in the inbox and identifying it as junk not
only notified SpamSieve, it also automatically moved the email to the
Junk folder. The reverse was also true: If an email in the Junk folder
was tagged as Not Junk, it was moved back into the inbox.

It seems that the Junk/Not Junk functionality in Mailmate communicates
your wishes to Spamsieve, but does nothing further, so you have to
manually make the move. Is that correct, or am I missing something? I'm
suspicious I've done something wrong, because for me the "Move out of
Junk" command doesn't seem to have any effect either, and I've been
manually dragging emails back and forth.

Sam Heldenbrand