[MlMt] Want a simple IMAP server to run locally... every proposed method is too complicated for my little brain... any help out there?

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Sun Jul 13 12:18:20 EDT 2014

Richard I Cook MD 2014-07-13 17:35 wrote:

> I have tried to get dovecot running both from the dovecot website and
> MacPorts.[Oh, easy for
> Leonardo!](http://hellopoetry.com/poem/101/a-childs-christmas-in-wales/)
> Does anyone have a canned approach that works out-of-the-box (i.e.
> without extensive modifications to .conf files and all that stuff?)

Have you seen my post "Running dovecot as a local only IMAP server on OS
X" <http://xdeb.org/node/1607>?

If you feel that is to much work or to complicated I think you need to
look for another solution to your problem. Running mail-servers is not
easy unfortunately.

Fredrik

--
Web: <http://xdeb.org/fredrik>