[MlMt] Noises

Tue Jul 8 16:51:51 EDT 2014

On 8 Jul 2014, at 16:25, Richard I Cook MD wrote:

> 2.    Getting a fault with one of my accounts -- something about
> 'size' being sent from server.

Probably this one:

	Warning: Missing size after fetch command (...) for UID ...

The server claims the existence of a message, but then fails to return
the size of the message (and probably more than that).

> I turned the message off because it seemed to make no difference.

Yes, MailMate can be told to ignore it, but it doesn't change the fact
that something is wrong with the message server-side (or something is
wrong with the server).

> I am still getting the 'blurp' sound ever time the app gets new mail.
> Advice?

This error should not make a sound and I think it is unrelated. Do you
still get a sound after disabling sounds (as described by others on the
list)? Also note that you might have a different app installed which can
make sounds when new messages arrive. For example, it could be
SpamSieve.