[MlMt] Smart Mailboxes vs. Filters

Gary Hull YH82d7dfU at yandex.com
Sun Jul 6 09:08:33 EDT 2014

On 6 Jul 2014, at 18:20, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

This works for me (now that I know it's there). Thanks!

>> A question: Under what circumstances is Mailbox > Apply Rules (or
>> right click on a mailbox > Apply Rules) dimmed? I often can't seem to
>> get it to work.
>
> Yes, this is currently a bit tricky. “Apply Rules” only applies
> the rules of the currently selected mailbox. If the mailbox has no
> rules (or no messages are selected) then the menu item is dimmed. I'm
> considering various options to change/improve how this works.

I still can't get it to undim. I have smart mailboxes that look for
incoming mail in Inbox and moves it to Archive. I select the smart
mailbox, no Apply Ruies, I select Inbox, no Apply rules. Is there
anything else I should be paying attention to?