[MlMt] Disjunctive Searches

Tue Sep 3 02:45:10 EDT 2013

On 3 Sep 2013, at 4:24, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> Please correct me if I'm wrong about the following. If I want a
> disjunctive search (Any) instead of an adjunctive search (All), I must
> use a Custom Mailbox for this. I see way to do a disjunctive search in
> the Custom Search bar I see above my message list.

In both smart mailboxes and in a custom search you can hold down ⌥ and
the “plus”-symbols change into “…” symbols. Clicking on one of
them creates a new group of conditions for which you can toggle
“Any/All”.

Although not easy to discover this is actually a general OS X feature.
It works in a Finder search as well.