[MlMt] Markdown list help please

TJ Luoma luomat at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 20:45:22 EST 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Rob McClure <sharkez at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I'm getting all sorts of weird things, or nothing. Where do I go to
find
> out what to do?

1. This is the first level
2. This is also the first level
 1. This is the first sub-2
2. This is the second sub-2
 1. This is deeper still
2. deep
3. very deep
3. back to the top level

Note that 1. will work but 1) won't

You can use - or + or * for bullets, but NOT "#" which is for Hx headers.

Here's the "official" syntax guide:

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#list

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/ is the official version of all
things Markdown syntax.

But when it comes down to it, there are two apps I find indispensable for
writing Markdown:

1) MultiMarkdown Composer - http://multimarkdown.com/download/

2) Marked 2 - http://marked2app.com

The first is an editor with built-in preview which can either show you
instant format using "strict" Markdown _or_ in the very popular
"MultiMarkdown" variant. Really handy because it will immediately show you
how things will look when formatted.

The second is a preview tool which will work with almost any text editor
(plus things like Scrivener and MarsEdit). It's a separate app that you use
with apps that don't have their own previewer built in. _AND_ the developer
(Brett Terpstra) is also a recent MailMate conver--err "user" :-)

I like both of them. Both of have free trials available.

TjL