[MlMt] order of mail address completion?

Thu Feb 2 09:34:55 UTC 2012

On 2 Feb 2012, at 10:11, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I'm trying to understand how mail address suggestions (when typing an
> address in the "To" field) are ordered. Is it possible to tweak it so
> that recently emailed addresses appear first?

This is how it is supposed to work with the caveat that Address Book
email addresses are currently treated as if they had been emailed 30
days ago (yes, it's a hack).

But the problem you have is probably related to where you keep your sent
messages. MailMate uses the “Sent Messages” mailbox to find out who
you write to and when you have done it. If you move them out of “Sent
Messages” (maybe using the experimental
`MmMoveSentRepliesToMailboxOfRepliedMessage`) then it won't work.

Hmm, I was going to point you to this discussion:
http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/219

The problem is that you are also the creator of that ticket, so you
probably already use the solution described in the ticket. If you have
used ALL_MESSAGES for MmAddressCompletionMailbox then that may be your
problem. Then completion is based on the recipient of any message and
not the ones you have sent. Could that explain the suggestions you see?
Otherwise I'll probably need a detailed example.

Maybe you could try creating a smart mailbox showing all messages with
your name in the From header and then use that mailbox for completions.
(I'll think about how to solve this problem in general.)