[MlMt] Test version available: Support for tags using IMAP keywords

Thomas Eckhold Thomas at Eckhold.eu
Fri Dec 14 08:43:11 UTC 2012

On 14 Dec 2012, at 9:37, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2012, at 9:29, Thomas Eckhold wrote:
>
>> The idea is to store all messages related to one client in one
>> mailbox but to distinguish the messages by tags. That will allow me
>> to use smart mailboxes to distinguish messages by projects, task or
>> what ever using tags. I hope at some indefinite future date Benny
>> will implement a filter function that would allow me to file messages
>> by tags. In addition I hope that my database to store old messages
>> (EagleFiler) will be able to read these tags so that I could search
>> them inside my database. Does that make sense?
>
> I believe this would be possible if MailMate supported OpenMeta (which
> is supported by EagleFiler). Unfortunately I'm not so sure about the
> future of OpenMeta (because of the sandboxing rules of the Mac App
> Store). But I haven't read up on the details yet — I don't even know
> how much work OpenMeta support would require.

Maybe it could be done the other way around and Michael could implement
in EagleFiler the function to read IMAP keywords. I guess they are
stored "inside" the messages. Would that be possible at all?

Thomas