[MlMt] IMAP problem: Server has no UIDPLUS extension

Sun Mar 21 12:25:25 UTC 2010

On 21 Mar 2010, at 6:13, Niels Cölle wrote:

> Kim asked me to test MailMate. If I try to take my account online I
> get the error "IMAP problem for "..." account - Error: Server has no
> UIDPLUS extension (currently required)". I am using IMAP with SSL.

Thanks for trying MailMate. A quick Google search indicates that GMX
(imap.gmx.de) really does not support the UIDPLUS extension [1]. Such
servers are in the minority now [2], and it is currently *not* a
priority to make MailMate work without it. Sorry. I hope even more
servers are going to support UIDPLUS in the future -- at least it seems
to be a standard part of the future of IMAP [3].

[1]: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4315
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2359)
[2]: http://www.melnikov.ca/mel/devel/ServerReference.html
[3]: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5550#section-3.2