[MlMt] Option to "Undo send"

Tue Sep 10 04:07:13 EDT 2013

On 10 Sep 2013, at 9:50, Nitin Goyal wrote:

> Gmail has a very nice add-on "Undo send". I'd like to see this feature
> implemented in MailMate as well. It should hold the message in Drafts
> folder for a specified time and hitting "Ctrl+Z" should undo the sent
> message and reopen it for editing.

As you probably know, MailMate has a “Send Later” feature. The plan
is to allow this to have a default value essentially providing you with
an “undo send”. For now, you can use this hidden preference:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmSendMessageDelay -integer 180

The value is seconds (3 minutes in this case).

When a message is selected in the Drafts folder then you can cancel it
using “Message ▸ Cancel Send and Edit” (⌥⇧⌘D). The shortcut
is the usual send shortcut with an additional ⌥. The usual send
shortcut is bound to “Send Now” (⇧⌘D). In the composer window
you can override the “Send Later” value by holding down ⌥ as well.

I like the idea of also allowing the user to “undo” the send using
⌘Z. I'll note that.