[MlMt] Custom Search: remember search settings

Tue Feb 7 11:16:57 UTC 2012

On 7 Feb 2012, at 12:04, Torsten Grust wrote:

> My use case: I am associate editor of a database journal (TKDE, please
> submit your best work there ;-) and am concurrently handling
> correspondence regarding papers under review.  The publisher's systems
> uses the subject line to include a marker that designates papers, e.g.

Great example. I am hoping to introduce a system for making it easier to
group and share such customizations.

> In `Mailboxes.plist` I then created a virtual TKDE mailbox that groups
> its messages by `tkde-paper` (and `tkde-revision`, if present):

Perfect. There is really no good reason that feature is not available in
the GUI :-)

> P.S. I used MarkDown in this message.  Another great thing.

Unfortunately, MailMan (the mailing list software) strips the markup
parameter from the message. It actually works if HTML generation is
enabled and then the markup parameter is not stripped from the plain
text body part. Not sure what to do about it other than trying to patch
MailMan (but that'll then only work for the MailMate list). I've
considered adding an extra header to plain text mailing list messages,
but it feels redundant and I'm actually not sure that MailMan would
leave such a header alone.

(If I remember correctly then it may also work if I tell MailMan to not
add a footer to the messages.)