[MlMt] Custom Search: remember search settings

Tue Feb 7 10:41:28 UTC 2012

On 7 Feb 2012, at 11:35, Torsten Grust wrote:

> one small things: when I do a Custom Search (via ⎇⌘F) I almost
> always
> find myself adjusting the `From' default to something else (quite
> often
> `Common Headers or Body').
>
> That's inefficient -- I need to move fingers from keyboard to mouse
> and
> back.
>
> Could MailMate possibly remember non-default settings for `From' (and
> `contains', I guess) between searches?

Good idea: “Edit ▸ Find ▸ Use as Default Search” ;-)

(I know, it is very hard to discover.)

> P.S.: I *do* love the app and find myself adjusting/extending
> Mailboxes.plist
> and specificiers.plist all the time. :-)

I didn't know anyone dared to touch the specifiers.plist :-) Please
share if you make something that would be useful for other users. I may
change how it works in the future, but that is mostly related to where
custom specifiers can be configured (it's a bit monolithic at the moment
and it is possible to change/override specifiers which are important to
MailMate, i.e., it can make MailMate crash and behave in strange ways).