[MlMt] Tips to make custom (thread arcs) views easier?

Mon Jun 6 07:36:55 UTC 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 0:22, Mike Brasch wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2011, at 0:57, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I have attached a plist file which almost does what you want. Due to
>> one of the layout bugs I had to fix the width of the thread arcs
>> view. You can change this width if you like to your preferred
>> setting.
>
> Is it possible to get thread arc without the messages I sent?

My first thought was that this would just break the thread arcs, because
of missing messages in the thread. But then I realized that there can be
duplicate messages if the thread is a mailing list. Is this your
problem? (Maybe provide a use case if it isn't.)

To me the thread arcs are mostly a proof-of-concept and I haven't really
used it much myself :-)

If you just want to exclude messages that are in your own “Sent
Messages” mailbox then you can change the transformation used to the
following (in the thread arcs part of the plist file):

	transformation = "($ALL_MESSAGES xor $SENT).filter(#thread-id =[c]
$mainOutline.#thread-id)";

Translation of the above: Take any message in “All Messages” (except
those in “Sent Messages”) which is in the same thread as one of the
currently selected messages in the main messages outline. (The [c] means
case-insensitive which is not really necessary, but it makes it a bit
faster.)

It would be nice (and faster) if the transformation could be based on
the currently selected mailbox(es), but I don't think that currently
works (a quick experiment failed). I'll look into that eventually.